The Board is responsible for the high-level planning, policy-making and systemic evaluation of the Ames Community School District. The Board approves and acts upon matters required by law and hires, supervises, and evaluates the Superintendent.
Purpose and Priorities
Ames Community School District commits to equity and access that empowers every individual to reach their full personal and educational potential.
1. Educational Equity and Improvement
2. Transparent Financial Planning and Processes
3. Recruitment, Retention, and Development of a High-Quality Staff
4. Clear and Consistent Communication to Support Positive and Proactive Community Relationships
5. A Safe and Responsive System that Promotes the Mental Health and Well-Being of Every Individual
School board members sit on a number of board committees which advise the district in areas such as policy, teaching and learning, and mental health. These committees may also be comprised of parents, members of the community, faculty, administration, and members of the Board. All sessions for board committees are open to the public, but public input is not generally solicited during committee meetings.
Board of Directors
Ames Community School District
2005 24th St.
Ames, IA 50010