Creating a sustainable system that is organized, efficient, and responsive to the needs of students and staff.
Technology serves to enhance teaching and learning, equipping our students and staff to be 21st century learners and workers. We are dedicated to providing reliable and responsive technology to deliver improved efficiency, while also planning for strategic use of emerging technologies. Our commitment to continuous improvement ensures technology remains an asset for our District.
What We Do
- Provide technical support, technology installation, and deployment.
- Administer and support district systems, servers, and network infrastructure both now and into the future.
- Plan and deliver technology-related professional development.
- Develop long-range technology plans and evaluate new technologies.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of student and staff data.
- Coordinate efforts with school Technology Teacher Librarians and Media Technologists.
- Deliver communication regarding technology issues.
Technology Services Mission
The Technology Department will go the extra mile to provide high-quality customer service to the Ames Community School District. We strive to create a sustainable system that is organized, efficient, and responsive to the needs of students and staff. We will fulfill our mission as a team by communicating effectively, devising creative solutions, seeking feedback from our clients, and engaging in continuous improvement practices.
District Information Manager