Sharing the Amazing work of Ames students and staff.
From registration to graduation and several milestones in between, there is never a lack of information to share about the Ames Community School District. The Communications Department works closely with administration and staff to keep employees and the public up-to-date about what’s happening in the district. The work and accomplishments within the Ames CSD leads to a lot of great stories to tell.
The Communications Department is proud to offer multiple ways audiences can connect with the district that best meets their needs. Get news and information about Ames schools by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets. Click on the social media icons at the bottom of this page.
What We Do
- Administer community engagement programs.
- Create district-wide online and printed publications.
- Work with media and serve as spokesperson during emergencies.
- Maintain the district website.
- Manage the district social media accounts and the Amazing Education Podcast.
- Oversee the use of Ames CSD logos and brand material including providing input on the Online Apparel Store.
- Distribution of community information in schools through Digital Backpack.
- Create and distribute the annual District calendar.
- Create Communications Plan.
Sharing the good work of students and staff is a top priority for us. Making sure media coverage involving students enhances the education process and does not disrupt it and that all stories and images about our district express information that is accurate, complete, and reflects our official position is important. Making Communications your first point of contact has many advantages:
- We can direct your inquiry to the proper department or person(s) more quickly.
- If certain people or resources are not available at the time of your call, we can often find others for you.
- We can help to ensure that any students involved in your story have the appropriate parental permissions.
- Communications department participation ensures that school board policies are followed.
For the safety and security of our students during a time of crisis, the Superintendent and the Director of Communications will represent the District to both internal and external audiences. We request that media use discretion in crisis coverage that involves our students.
Contact the Director of Communications to make arrangements for media coverage that involves our students, staff, or facilities.
Communication Technologies Specialist